Silicone rubber is a two component, synthetic rubber and flexible. Silicone elastomer can be placed at room temperature into a solid elastomer, used for molds.Silicone this rubber heat resistant, durable and free of allergens or chemicals. Silicone rubber has different processing characteristics. This type of silicon commonly sold with 2 components, silicon and hardener.Nowadays injection molding of liquid silicone rubber is becoming increasingly important. One reason for this is the increased performance requirements. In addition, more and more manufacturers make the components of silicone rubber due to see the benefits of the high level of automation in productivity.
Variety of ways you can make silicone molds, why I suggest using silicon?
- Silicon has many advantages for making molds than other materials (molds with gypsum materials, fiber, cement, etc.)
- Silicon is able to record more detail than we will print master
- Silicon has a very high elastic, allowing the mold is not easily damaged, resistant to heat
Although the cost of making the mold of silicon material is relatively more expensive, but the function and its superiority is unquestioned.Therefore, the author would like to share how to make silicon mold using this type of material. Lessons or molding mold making is very important for people who will make objects from fiberglass ( car bumpers, car body, boat, speed boat, tables, chairs, statues, helmets, steering wheel, accessories cars / motorcycles, water tank, souvenir key chains, picture frames, replica food, etc.), for the manufacture of items for souvenirs gyps or gypsum gypsum, gold making, soap, candles, etc.. I think making the mold is a basic lesson before you make a creation. Indeed, we can order in other people but far very effective if we could make your own. Lesson how to make these prints will learn a variety of mold making from fiberglass itself, of gypsum, and silicon rubber.
Tools and materials needed
- Teaspoon as a stirrer, a container to pour the silicon rubber
- Model / items to be printed
- Glue, or can also use night
- Carton (as a wall)- Glass / flat plane (for attaching the model)